Wednesday, 10 November 2010

Show and Tell 10 November: 15mm Later Polish



I thought I’d start up a thread as a virtual Show and Tell of figures completed (not least to showcase the products of the pact between me and Andy to paint up the armies from Agincourt over the course of the next year). In the meantime, these are the first 3 elements of mounted crossbowmen needed to convert my Later Polish DBM army into a Field of Glory army. The FoG Knight battle groups for the Later Polish consist of a front rank of Knights and a rear rank of mounted crossbowmen (their retainers) allowing the BG to shoot. Not sure how effective these will be but I thought I’d have a go and paint them up. So these are the first three elements - I plan to do 9 in total to provide 3 BGs. The figures are Essex; the flags are handpainted; the heraldry of the whole army represents the Polish force at the Battle of Tannenberg in 1410. The pictures show the crossbowmen on their own and as the rear rank of their Battlegroup - led by Jakob of Koniecpol (Horseshoe flag), Sedziwog of Ostrorog (Loop of rope flag) and Jan Mezyk of Dabrowa (Fish flag).

1 comment:

James said...

Very nice. Looking forward to seeing these in the flesh, I mean, lead.