Friday, 19 March 2021

Mongol Conquest and Yuan Chinese DBA Armies

Back in 2003, Andy and I fielded a Burmese army at Anderida.  The army had an ally in the form of the Yuan Mongols.


This 16 element command was drawn from the Yuan Chinese DBM army list but didn't have the right elements to form either a Yuan Chinese or a Mongol Conquest army for DBA.  So I painted up the extras needed so that I could field either DBA army.  I also rebased everything as my basing technique has advanced beyond my earlier "style" of painting everything green and just dry-brushing with sand.

Common to both armies are six cavalry elements including the General:


The Mongol Conquest army is completed with six light horse elements:

And the Yuan Chinese army has blades, crossbow, archers and a light horse:
Both armies can swap out a light horse for a stone thrower.  These were specified as rope-pull stone throwers in the Mongol list and I found the perfect model from Ancient & Modern Miniatures with four men pulling on the ropes.  Pulling hard is strongly incentivised to avoid the stone falling onto their own heads!






No comments: