A bonus games session for James, Kieron & Lucas following some Christmas carolling in the street. A few fund hands of Red 7 which Kieron called a halt to as only Lucas and I were winning. Then a couple of games of The Mind where (as previously) we couldn't get past Level 6. Highlight was an extended Mexican standoff between Lucas and Kieron, where the former had card 99 and the latter had 100. Lucas successfully played his 99 after Kieron started snoring, and we won that round.
Then we played the first training mission of Space Alert which we've played once before but I clearly failed to blog about it. This is a collaborative space exploration game with Robo Rally-like cards to program the movement and actions of your character in a frantic real-time 10 minute mission, as your spacecraft scans the area whilst being attacked by space anomalies and aliens, as announced by the accompanying app. After laying out the cards, the round is resolved at a slightly slower pace to see what actually happened. The spaceship took a fair bit of damage but we survived our first mission.
I really like this game but both times now we've played with three players and an android (to make up the numbers) and it's really hard to coordinate that fourth character effectively, so I'm keen to play with four or five of us in future.
Then we played the first training mission of Space Alert which we've played once before but I clearly failed to blog about it. This is a collaborative space exploration game with Robo Rally-like cards to program the movement and actions of your character in a frantic real-time 10 minute mission, as your spacecraft scans the area whilst being attacked by space anomalies and aliens, as announced by the accompanying app. After laying out the cards, the round is resolved at a slightly slower pace to see what actually happened. The spaceship took a fair bit of damage but we survived our first mission.
I really like this game but both times now we've played with three players and an android (to make up the numbers) and it's really hard to coordinate that fourth character effectively, so I'm keen to play with four or five of us in future.

No comments:
Post a Comment