Another play for this very clever game. As we noted, the scoring strategies pretty much converge with four players because every tile is available (this isn't the case with 2 or 3 players). Kieron soared away following his recent pattern of establishing a strong lead but with Adrian not far behind him, and Andy and James dawdling some way back.
But as the other strategies started to score victory points later in the game, the gaps closed, and in the final scoring there were big scores, particularly from Andy who almost but not quite overtook Kieron.
In the last phase, we were a couple of tiles a short. A knowledge tile that we could easily work out (number 16) and an animal tile that we couldn't (and so we agreed to randomly re-introduce a discarded tile). Having now sorted through all the tiles, the real missing tile contains sheep, but we'd brought back a discarded pig tile which was to my benefit as the only pig farmer. So I think the real winner would have been Adrian. But then again, I'm the one who just sorted through dozens of little tiles when I should have gone to bed, so I'll record the actual scores achieved on the night :-)
I've e-mailed the games company on the off-chance that I might be able to get spare tiles from them. I know I've a little collection of games parts I've found on the floor after games nights, so if anyone else finds these missing two tiles, do let me know!
Final scores: James 221, Adrian 219, Kieron 193, Andy 192
But as the other strategies started to score victory points later in the game, the gaps closed, and in the final scoring there were big scores, particularly from Andy who almost but not quite overtook Kieron.
In the last phase, we were a couple of tiles a short. A knowledge tile that we could easily work out (number 16) and an animal tile that we couldn't (and so we agreed to randomly re-introduce a discarded tile). Having now sorted through all the tiles, the real missing tile contains sheep, but we'd brought back a discarded pig tile which was to my benefit as the only pig farmer. So I think the real winner would have been Adrian. But then again, I'm the one who just sorted through dozens of little tiles when I should have gone to bed, so I'll record the actual scores achieved on the night :-)
I've e-mailed the games company on the off-chance that I might be able to get spare tiles from them. I know I've a little collection of games parts I've found on the floor after games nights, so if anyone else finds these missing two tiles, do let me know!
Final scores: James 221, Adrian 219, Kieron 193, Andy 192
No comments:
Post a Comment