First games night play of Kieron's 20th Century - a game seemingly designed by putting Carcassonne, Pelopennes and Power Grid into a blender. Fortunately, the resulting concoction works rather well and is a lot of fun to play. A variety of strategies can be employed. I can't recall what everyone tried but it looks my winning strategy of minimising rubbish worked for Adrian the following week too.
If I've remembered who had which colour correctly, the photo finish shows the final scores to be: James 127, Stuart 122, Kieron 103, David 97 and Andy 88. We sorted out a number of rules clarifications before we started (which meant Kieron failed to emulate his previous winning score of 175!) but one I did realise I abused was using the train to transport a worker further than I should, so think the moral victory goes to Stuart. (I still think moving them just to an adjacent city is pretty useless in a game where you are building a railway layout, but them's the rules, and no-one's raised it on BGG).
If I've remembered who had which colour correctly, the photo finish shows the final scores to be: James 127, Stuart 122, Kieron 103, David 97 and Andy 88. We sorted out a number of rules clarifications before we started (which meant Kieron failed to emulate his previous winning score of 175!) but one I did realise I abused was using the train to transport a worker further than I should, so think the moral victory goes to Stuart. (I still think moving them just to an adjacent city is pretty useless in a game where you are building a railway layout, but them's the rules, and no-one's raised it on BGG).
No comments:
Post a Comment