Wednesday, 17 October 2012

Notre Dame - 17 October 2012

A trip over to Andy's and a quick return to Notre Dame to try to embed this new game in our heads. This time we played it as a 5-player game and it played just as well.

This is one of those games where it doesn't pay to plan too far ahead. You need to have a flexible strategy to react to the card choices you face at each turn, and decide whether to risk short term gain against the chance of being stuck without cash or influence markers for a turn or two.

Orhan took himself out of the game early by making a big payment for a large number of prestige points, but then the fall of the cards meant he struggled to get back into the game. Plague struck early and James, Kieron and Andy chose to ride it out while David ended up with more hospitals than he wanted as he was passed them turn after turn.

The funniest thing for me was the perception that I had a grand plan involving the prestige bonus from the parks. It all came about by accident as I'd decided to avoid the park (following James' difficulties last time) but ended up being passed so many that I was getting +2 every time I earned any. This helped me squeeze into a win ahead of James who got to 86 with no park bonus.

Final scores: David 92, James 86, Kieron 70, Andy 76, Orhan 52

No comments: